Pages

27.1.16

COCOA BROWN 1 HOUR TAN 'DARK'


I have been such a fan of the cocoa brown tanning range and pretty much since it first launched. I've reviewed several of their products over the years here on my blog and back in the day on Youtube too but for some reason, I've never quite gotten round to chatting about the darker tan.

If you know anything about me then you'll know I love a bit of self tanning and I've used them for absolute years. Most of the time I like it to look very natural and effortless but I do love a bit of the darker shading and just for hec of it as well. Cocoa brown dark has been a firm favourite of mine for a while now and I thought I'd share a quick post/review as to why because I know a lot of people aren't sure about the difference it makes when compared to the original formula.  


First and foremost the texture is like that of a hair mousse, dry and fluffy but not so much that you can't apply a good layer with ease. It doesn't have that runny, dark mud puddle look to it and in return it just makes things a lot less messy and allows for a faster application, which is great when your fake tanning butt naked in the middle of winter and without the heating on...

Moving on, It smells absolutely incredible and every time I use it, I can't help but think of a freshly sliced watermelon with some floral notes, it's my favourite fake tan fragrance out of all the other tan brands that I currently have in my stash and I wish it came in a body spritz.

Application is pretty easy and even with having dry skin, it smooths over the limbs and gives such an even coverage each and every time. Mistakes are very rare and usually only happen if I don't tan in an area with good lighting and on rare occasion like I said. You do tend to need a lot to cover each area of the body but I truthfully don't mind because when you skimp on any tan you're prone to streaks and mistakes, so the more, the merrier. 

Although it is marketed as a one hour tan that you can leave on for 3 hours to get the ultimate colour results, unless I've got some sort of meeting or last minute appointment for something then I leave the tan on for much longer than just the hour. I have even slept with it on overnight through total laziness or just plain exhaustion and I find the tan lasts longer and is much deeper than it would be with just 1 hour of wear. It is an incredible formula which darkens over the hours but doesn't transfer unto clothes or bed sheets and the fake tan/DHA scent is nowhere near as strong as some of my other favourite fake tan brands.


My results are a deep golden brown that I just absolutely adore and the fading process takes up to a full week, sometimes I can get 10 full days depending on how well I maintain it with moisturiser and light exfoliating. I always get compliments on how healthy and natural my tan looks because without it I am a ghostly white and people really seem to notice the difference but without that look of 'OMG you're tangoed' It just gives a deep golden glow that doesn't look fake, if that makes any sense. It's just like a holiday tan and I really love it.

When compared to the original formula and used in the same way, I think it's probably 2-3 shades darker but lasts around the same length of time. I love both formulas but I'm currently going a little bit nutty over the darker version and I think it's because of how gorgeous the colour is and fuss free it is to apply to get those kind of results.


I almost forgot to mention that it's a paraben free formula and the DHA is derived from vegetables, which makes for safer self tanning and because of it's price tag an affordable tanning session too! It's such a fantastic product for those on a low budget, want to avoid as many nasty chemicals as possible and love a good naturally dark tan, without the oompa loompa effect.

So there you have it, my thoughts on the dark tan and I'm so happy to have finally gotten a piece up on my blog about it. I hope the review helped and as always feel free to ask me any questions you might have, even about tanning in general. I do have my beady eyes on some of the newer product launches from Cocoa Brown, so keep your eyes peeled as there could very well be another review up on the blog soon!

P.S Don't forget to check out some of my other fake tan reviews! Just enter Madame LA LA, Sunkissed, Cocoa Brown, St Moriz and St Tropez into my search bar at the bottom of my blog and have a good read!

Laura x 

2 comments:

  1. I tried Cocoa Brown before but it just didn't work for me that well. I may try again though as the new formula sounds great! I love St Moriz. Heading over to read your review on that one now : ) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No? I've heard a few people struggle with cocoa brown too, guess it's not for everyone. Big fan of St Moriz meself, just so affordable and great results everytime. Ta so much for stopping by! xx

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Follow by Email

Copyright @ LankyLaurasWay. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign